For those who have had toxic parents, in what ways did they negatively influence your life?

ThiccNigro
For me, one of the things that bites the most is that in retrospect I could have been pretty popular in highschool, I knew everyone, and no one had a problem with me but I found out my dad intentionally went out of his way to ruin my social life. Making sure I rarely ever got to hang out with anyone, making my friends feel uncomfortable. No like seriously he'd be a massive dick to my male friends and try to seem like a predator to my female friends. It was all on purpose. My father has some serious mental issue where he gets infuriated if I do anything better than him and seeing as he was a complete loser growing up, he wanted to make sure that I didn't have a good adolescence.

There are other negative things he did but that one annoys me the most realizing that he shattered any potential I had

My mother is toxic as well but not in a way that does permanent damage to your life
0
1