Me friend let me borrow supplies, said use as much as I need. I can’t find it and she wants it back. What should I do?

Anonymous
We worked on some crafts and writing letters together and I didn’t finish mine so she said I could borrow some of the stationary supplies (letters, envelopes, stickers) and give back any that I don’t use.

I finished my project and they was some left over. I was going to return it and I told my mom not to touch it. Then she completely cleaned the house and misplaced it, and doesn’t know where it is. I searched everywhere for days because my friend texted saying she wants it back because she’s bored and wants to use it.

I told her I searched everywhere and could buy her new supplies. She got upset saying it was her favorite stationary and it’s worth $40 so she hopes I find it.

Now she’s bugging me saying she wants $40.

I’m annoyed because she initially acted like I could use as much as I want, and $40 is a lot for a few letters and envelopes.

What should I do?
1
2