How do you talk to someone who knows you as quiet and shy?

Anonymous
Quick question.
I have social anxiety, I can only talk to people in my usual loud outspoken way if I know them really really well and they are used to me being like that, I also feel like everything I say is stupid. But with people that know me as shy and quiet, they don't know me, and I just feel bad, I get embarassed about doing anything!, I get scared of swearing, being tomboyish, talking about video games, cartoons, anything that seems not normal, but then when I do that, I have nothing to talk about. On class group calls, Im too scared to contribute my ideas or anything like that because I feel like they are too stupid and if people heard them, they wanted think it was in my nature to say that, then they might think im fake or idiotic. From experience, I know that in those times where I open up and express myself, others just get weirded out and I become too annoying and loud. Even sometimes around people that know me as loud, sometimes I can be incredibly quiet and that makes me sad, cause they know me as loud so they must be so confused. What do I do? How can I not say something stupid, how can I contribute actual good ideas, why is it like I have a stroke everytime I do group projects too? How many people are gossiping about me right now? Ahh
2 mo
Even when I stand up for myself and assert myself in the rare moments, its usually at the wrong time. And I have a moral dilemma cause Im not even sure If I should of stood up for myself or not. People told me to be myself, but how the hell can I be myself when I don't even know myself and if who I see myself as is just so behind with everyone else... etc... the identity crisis is like "Do I like cartoons, or do I just think I like cartoons? " "Am I really nice, or am I just faking it"
2 mo
Wouldn't not wanted
3
0