My dad feels like I am ashamed of him because most of my friends went to college and the people that I look up to went to college. How can I fix this?

Anonymous
My dad is a maintenance professional at an apartment community. I graduated from college and make a decent living. My dad constantly feels like I’m ashamed of him and that I look down on the rest of my family. When asked what I did to make him feel that way, he said it was because most of my friends have gone to college and the people that I look up to went to college as well.

Despite trying to explain to them that the reason why I am friends with people who went to college is because a) because I met them in college or b) because I met them at a workplace filled with positions that require at least a Bachelor’s degree, he still feels like I’m not proud of him.

What can I do?
2
0