How do you cope with yourself and support someone close who attempted suicide?

bobalife
I know this is a sensitive and uncomfortable topic even for me. But I would really appreciate advices and suggestions especially from those who may have experienced this.

I realized that it wasn't until last evening I slowly and finally started to feel a bit "normal" because someone who kept me company got me to finally laugh a little and talk about things that wasn't related to the situation. I haven't really been eating much and feel empty even when I do, but my cousins all took me out to their home to have me eat and got my favorite drink with a lot of warm support. I felt so fortunate with their support yet I feel so sad and guilty to be receiving this while the person who attempted suicide is probably suffering mentally, emotionally, and physically alone from the whole mess. It's also a bit disappointing when I thought I could reach out to specific individuals who also weren't really supportive about this circumstance. I feel like my mind and emotions are going through a million things... while on the outside I have to be strong, reliable, and not shakey infront of others who are also affected by it.

How do one cope with themselves about this? or what did you do to cope with yourself?

And how do one support a close person who attempted suicide that isn't ready to be in contact with anyone? ._." or how do one support them when they are ready to be contact with you?
11
0