Counselor told me to just stop thinking about my mother and sister and lessen my interactions with them?

Anonymous
Everyone I talk with my mother or sister, they somehow try to find a way to take a dig at me or make me feel bad about myself. It’s been going on for quite some time now. My counselor encouraged me to keep working toward getting my own place and only thinking about positive things. I also was at a point where nothing I could ever do would be enough. If I bought food for myself and sister she would be like well where is dad’s food. And in this case the fast food workers actually didn’t put it in my bag but my counselor said Save Your money for your goals instead of trying to impress people and she is right. Cause my sister was even trying to convince me to buy my mom a new stove simply because I possibly could have gotten her a discount. Ugh but it’s definitely not easy ignoring them but I think it’s for the best. Like just because a person is bipolar doesn’t mean they have a right to drag you everytime they see you.
1
0