Fear of seeing the dentist?

TeeSquare
Do you have a fear of going the the dentist? Any traumatic events or stories?

Mine started when I was 11. My top 4 front teeth were pulled out so my adult teeth would come in. I still remember that dentist pulling and twisting and me telling him how much it hurt. My mom and dad had to physically hold me down in the chair. 3 years later, and was still missing the 2 front teeth. Yes, I endured years of that famous all I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth song from just about everyone on earth along with other things. Eventually I was taken to see an orthodontist, prays revealed extra teeth lying sideways preventing the other 2 from coming in. So, surgery was next. Local freezing only. Again I endured witnessing my mouth being cut open and the 4 teeth being removed. Braces next, 1 tooth came through, after 6 months, surgery to physically break the last tooth off my jaw and get it moving down. 4 years with braces, total 12 teeth removed to this point. 4 baby teeth, 4 deformed teeth, 4 molars to make room for my adult front teeth. Ever since then, I cannot go to a dentist, even for a routine cleaning without breaking into chills and cold sweats. A simple cavity filling requires someone to drive me there and back. After a root canal the dentist would not let me leave for an hour because I was so pale and soaked with sweat. Kept giving me orange juice. Imagine trying to drink that with a numb mouth and gauze.

So? Am I the only one who has a huge fear of see6a dentist?
Fear of seeing the dentist?
4
4