Is it normal to continue caring for the wrong baby?

Anonymous
About 15 years ago, my older sister was given the wrong baby. She already suspected the baby from the morning looked different than the one from the night but the nurses ignored it.

Nevertheless, she still breastfed and care for him for nearly 5 months. Still in doubts, she had a maternity test done and her husband a paternity. She was correct. Her biological baby had been switched. Her real baby was found and got reunited with them. However, my sister felt happy and sad at the same time. She was happy to be with her child but sad she had to give the other baby away to his real parents. She admitted that for a brief moment, she imagined keeping and raising both babies. She cried when she said goodbye to the other baby.

She never heard from the other family other and sometimes still wonders about him and what became of his life.
0
1