Am I the only one seeing these responses? What do you think about adoption?

sadMeester
Have you ever noticed how many people are sternly opposed to adoption? Maybe it's just the people who happen to be around me, but among that group there is certainly a preference for fertility treatments or in-vitro fertilization.

I've had a doctor tell me that adopted kids just aren't the same, so having my own is better. I've also had family members suggest that because of my health issues I should just let another man do what would normally be my part when I'm ready for kids. Have other people experienced this?

The people I've known with actual fertility issues spent thousands on treatment, mourned the loss of stillbirths, and all just to have another child who like their other children they can neglect. The ones who I've seen adopt usually have natural kids too and nobody talks terribly about them for it.

Am I just surrounded by terrible humans or does everybody just hate the idea of adoption? In case not all of you picked this up from my blue profile, the in-vitro/ random dude options would just be a much more selfish and wasteful form of adoption.
3
2