Can I ever fix my boyfriend's terrible relationship with my mother?

Anonymous
They used to get along once long ago. It turned bad all of the sudden. Years later (out of guilt), I admitted to my mother about elaborating some negative things and lying about him ever telling me ''I hate her''. He was angry and hurt for the way my mother treated him but never said he hated her.

In addition, I used to throw my dirty laundry (tell him every negative things my mom would say and elaborate what he said to my mother) and well obviously if you complain about someone and talk about your latest argument you had with them they're gonna get hated.

Now my mother is finding me at fault for causing all it all. She was like ''how could you do this, you make me hate him, you cause me to argue with him, you created this mess''. My boyfriend only knows part of this fiasco (not the part about me lying about him hating her) and he was upset for making him look bad. Can I ever fix the damage I've caused?
1
0