Would you allow your friend to be your sperm donor?

Anonymous
I am a single woman that is trying to have a baby. I have no fertility issues, but since I don’t have a partner, I been doing artificial insemination since January. None of my attempts have been successful and it’s not only discouraging, but I can’t afford to keep doing it this way. A friend of mine with whom I’ve reconnected with, has offered his sperm. He is divorced and has children of his own and when he heard my plight he offered to help. We do not have romantic feelings for each other, and he assures me that things will stay platonic. Right now he doesn’t want to have contact with the child, and I don’t want that either. I want to raise it as a single mom. But even if he changes his mind about being in the child’s life later on, I am not opposed to that. The only thing is, I wonder if this arrangement would complicate things between us as friends or if this is a good idea. I’m all out of options and if I want to have a baby, this is the only feasible way I can think of. What do you think? Thanks in advance!
Would you allow your friend to be your sperm donor?
Add Opinion