Does both parents being in your life really make a difference?

Anonymous
I was having a conversation with my best friend and she’s had both parents in her life ever since she was born.. they are still married and happy and my father has always been absent so i’ve been with my mom my entire life.

She was telling me how it really doesn’t make a difference to her if both her parents were in her life or not because she ultimately still makes her own decisions. Her parents tell her not to smoke, don’t have sex until marriage and told her to go to college and she literally is doing all the opposite things. She claims her life is no different from mine and that people choose to pity over one parent not being there when it’s up to them to create the life they want for themselves without their parents influence. Is it somewhat truth to this? I mean when I really think about it a few guys I know parents are still together and have awesome father figures in their lives but they still cheat on women and don’t really treat women how they should
1
2