How do you deal with memories of a friend who committed suicide?

Anonymous
Long story short, a best friend of mine from school took his own life this year. Growing up, he (and the others in my group) had a massive influence on me.. everything from my humour to my taste in music and hobbies. I honestly believe if I never knew them, I wouldn't be the same person I am today. I'm sure a lot of you feel this way about those you grew up with.

Since it happened, I've struggled to look back at memories that include him, listen to music I love that he showed me etc. It all just feel very bitter and sad to look back on even though it's been months now. For anyone else who's gone through this, how long did it take for you to be able to look back on those memories and smile.. apposed to just thinking fuck.

For anyone thats went through something similar, what was your experience? did looking back on the memories you have of them get easier with time?

Thanks
6
3