Do you think it's out of line to say you're glad your baby won't have any genetic abnormalities?

Anonymous
Do you think its out of line to say youre glad your baby wont have any genetic abnormalities?
I have a family member with a genetic disorder and one that passed away years ago but recently my family members overheard a stranger talking to her friend in the doctors office who made the comment that they recently underwent testing to check for genetic abnormalities and when it came back that their baby didn't have any, they were elated and ready to have their child.

This did not sit well with my family members. Obviously I understand how comments like this can be painful to hear because they love their child genetic disorder and all, as do I, but from the outside looking in, no one wants their child to be born with a genetic disorder and to hear that they don't have any, would make any parent happy I feel. I mean no one can know how they would actually handle having a child born with genetic abnormalities until it's a real thing in their lives so I thought they were taking it really personally, but of course, it's understandable why.

Was this comment from the stranger out of line or was it no big deal?
That comment was out of line
I don't see anything wrong with the comment
Both sides are right
Vote C
GirlGuy
2
0