My mother doesn’t really support me when she needs to?

Anonymous
I have had this issue for a while and I don’t know how to deal with it. Basically my mom does not really stand up for me when she should. She is all about being kind to other people and will care more about how they would feel if I was rude to them in any way. There have been a few cases where some people at the mall we were hanging out at were openly rude to me, and she would just stand there not doing anything. Me having to defend myself without any support. Most I have gotten is a laugh after I tell her what happened. What’s interesting is though, if I was not that attentive to a guest she would go on a rant about how I should have talked to them even if I don’t like them blah blah. I told her several times that this makes me upset but she doesn’t care.
I hear other stories about how other moms will go out of their way to defend their grown up kids and it makes me feel upset to realize that my mom never does that.
0
1