Feel like my life is kind of sad but I’ve been too positive to realize it?

Anonymous
So literally every birthday everyone forgets my birthday & I always spend it by myself and stop by to say hello to my family. Which is nice but the last time I did something was when I was 19 years old & I went out for dinner with a friend. It was nice because no one had done that before. I’ll be 23 next month and I’ve been thinking about how I haven’t done anything before. I guess I haven’t had any friends to spend it with unfortunately which is quite sad. Last year I was at work and didn’t tell anyone it was my bday and didn’t want them to know because I don't know I guess it was just a normal day & would’ve been embarrassed to say I wasn’t doing anything. Then at my other job they usually put balloons up at peoples desks and make it this big deal and literally everyone forgot and I got nothing on my desk. No bday card or anything. Of course I just brushed it off, but thinking back it was very sad that everyone just forgot. I wanted to kinda vent and talk about it since I don’t have anyone to share this with in real life with out sounding like a big baby getting pity from others. It just gets emotionally tiresome to always be there for myself and depend on myself and spend even special days by myself.
21 d
Why do you think this is so?
3
0