Is it ok for me to continue holding grudges if I got treated horrible?

Anonymous
My boyfriend's parents and sister treated me like garbage 10 years ago. At the time, we broke up 8 months into the relationship because he allowed them to continue mistreating me.

Then we remained just friends for years. Over time, I heard they wanted to start all over but I would refuse to speak with them. We got back together in 2018 and our relationship has gotten stronger. He admitted his mistake in doing nothing to stop the horrible treatment and claimed things were different now. They approve of the relationship and would like to speak with me.

The truth is I'm the type that gets hurt easily when someone deliberately wrongs me for an extended period. What they did was bullying. That is not a mistake. That's not something it can ever be healed with an ''I'm sorry''. You still did it on purpose. Screw you. I will never forgive them ever. I don't want to speak with them unless it's to ask if my boyfriend is available. Sometimes I find myself crying when I remember those horrible moment. Is it ok for me to never forgive?
16 d
Now they would like to speak with me but I don't care. I don't want to speak with them. I dislike them. I hate bullies. If someone deliberately wrongs me and makes my life miserable, I'll hold that hatred and grudge towards them forever.
16 d
I will never make peace with my bullies/tormentors... NEVER.
1
0