Have you ever known someone you thought was a friend, but was actually a horrible person you no longer can look at the same way?

Long story short, there's this girl I worked with and considered a good work colleague and friend. But she ended up lying about her ex and making up false rape and domestic abuse allegations about him. Just completely making sh*t up!

We all knew her a lot more than we knew him, but we knew he could never do such a thing like that, and also knew the girl has a known reputation for lying as well as not accepting responsibility for her actions. The details she gave to the police massively contradict each other, she lied about being at places at times she was not, and she never displayed any emotional pain or duress during the time these events supposedly happened. It's obvious to everyone she's a liar. Now, I'm ashamed to have even known her or been friends with someone who's such a disgusting venomous human being.

Imagine if someone you thought you were friends with lied about your father or brother and claimed they beat them up and raped them. How would you feel about such a person? I kinda wish I could now go back and retcon ever spending time with her. Or even have gotten her fired or never even hired with us, to begin with.

Have you ever been close to someone, only to later find out how terrible that person was?
2
7