Situation with brother in law?

Anonymous
My brother in law was in a fatal car crash a few weeks ago. My family found out 3 days after. Long story short, a lady stopped and got out of her car. My brother in law hit her and she died instantly. She was literally sliced in half in front of her kids in the car. For a week I pressured my sister and brother in law to see an attorney. My brother in law kept brushing me off. "Sun was in my eyes.. I didn't see her. It's her fault.. yada yada." He kept posting his life pictures and immature meme's om facebook. I told him to take it down because he was being disrespectful and didn't look empathetic. He didn't listen. My sister was oblivious, too. After she saw his wrecked car in person, it finally sunk in. She demanded her contact an attorney I recommended. He didn't tell him the full story and the attorney brushed him off. Three days later he was arrested. I contacted the attorney immediately and he was released pending blood work. We found out he was on a video call at the time of the accident. I was furious. I offered my sister 15k to help them with attorney fees (Only for my sisters sake and they're broke) but retracted and told them his parents should help. He later sent me a text and asked for money. His parents didn't have it. I pushed back and he finally said his parents would help. Snakey! We received a copy of the police report. It's horrible. The driver had her flashers on and her luggage was falling out of her car. Several witnesses saw her. Many avoided her. One witness was trying to let my brother in law over so he could go around. Obviously being negligent and we were lied to. I was furious. When his blood work returns he will have to turn himself in. I know they'll ask me for bail money. No way! My sister and bro in law are mad at me because I'm ignoring him. I have every right to. I don't want anything to do with him. He lied to the whole family and my sister. Now my sister and nephew are in a huge financial bundle because of him. Am I in the right?
Situation with brother in law?
Add Opinion