What cause a person to be so different from their family?

Anonymous
My wife and I raised our family in public housing and was raised on government assistance. We are primarily blue collar workers— I’m a maintenance work and my wife is housekeeper. I have three kids— oldest (28) is a dishwasher with two kids, my (27) has been unemployed for three years and has one kid, and my youngest (25) is pretty much the black sheep and I’ve never understood her. She has her master’s and works in clinical research. She is acts very White and proper. She dresses very preppy and likes the finer things, plays tennis, and lives a very upper middle class life style. She doesn’t have any kids and doesn’t want any, which I don’t understand because I thought that she would have had kids by now. All of her friends are just like her and she is dating some College Joe who is in his second year of law school.

She as different from the rest of the family as can be which I’ve never understood. We never raised her to be so uppity and I feel like she’s forgotten where she’s come from. How does one turn out so different from the rest of the family?
0
1