Anyone else not really have a special relationship with their mother?

Anonymous
To be honest me and my mom never really had this special bond although we live in the same house. I just don’t feel she has been a great mother to me which is why I don’t feel that close to her. She never really tried to protect me when other people were mean to me (kids who would bully me, or rude people in general). She would just shrug it off like I can’t do anything or even argue that I was the one at fault. Several times she has scolded me in front of other kids and put me down.
She also is very protective of other people like her own mother, to the extent that she would throw me under the bus if I did something she didn’t like e. g. going out with a friend and not inviting to her nanny? So she does know how to assert herself when she needs to but she just doesn’t want to do it for me.
Even when I tell her this she doesn’t care. She is like you are bringing up stuff from past and ruining the mood etc. I just don’t feel that she is doing her best.
1
0