Father/Son Bonding?

Jhab96
So im no kid anymore, im 24 years old, I've done pretty well for myself but by no means anywhere close to attaining the aspirations I have for my life. The reason I say that is because I find it hard to have conversations with my father. I had to move back home last year due to covid so I've been around my family more, however my father works on the road as a truck driver. He's gone for months at a time and comes back home for maybe a week or two. During his home visits I really wish I knew how to engage him and build our relationship more but its so hard figuring out ways for us to connect.. he's from an entirely different generation, our mindsets are completely different, our hobbies and interest aren't exactly identical either.. I don't know how to spend time together in a way that can bring us closer.. again even holding conversations can be tough because its almost as if there's nothing for us to talk about.. I know he's proud of me but I can't help but feel like i worry him at times because he's not sure if "ill make something of myself" not his words.. just how I feel at times.. Its tough finding common ground or points of connection.. any ideas guys and gals?
Father/Son Bonding?
Father/Son Bonding?
Add Opinion