What do I do about an odd relationship with my male internet friend whose birthday is coming up?

Sparklingberet
So I met a guy on reddit early December. He’s nice but about 10 years older, I was cool being friends but nothing more than that. We were talking for about 2 weeks through video chat but then he stopped talking to me after I mentioned that I was seeing someone. He hasn’t reached out since our last video talk. He watched my Instagram story today though and we still follow each other. I felt like he might have been wanting more than just being friends, which I wasn’t into and that kind of scared me away. Anyways, I made an alt account on reddit and am worried that he saw my post about him where I said I was weirded out by how he was older. There was an error on the chat page and it showed up like he messaged that account, although I never accepted the message request and just deleted the secret account so it might have just been an error. I’m wondering if I should tell him happy birthday in a few days or just leave it and not say anything. I’m worried that he did see the other post on my burner and assumed it was me talking about him. If so that would be really awkward. Do you think reaching out again would be the right thing to do or a bad idea since we haven’t talked in about 2 weeks?
1
0