Can we normalize calling out toxic parents? And how many of you have toxic parents?

Anonymous
Growing up with a single parent raising you is hard. I’ve dealt with so much verbal abuse from my mother but all I did was try to please her. She was strict which helped with discipline in the long run but as I got older I realized my own mother didn’t know shit about me... AT ALL. She thought she did because she raised me but it’s not true at all. Even now I’m an adult and since the age of 16 I’ve never discussed personal things about me with her. She didn’t know I got pregnant and had a miscarriage at 16. She didn’t know that at 19 a guy tried to rape me, she didn’t know that someone tried to blackmail or better yet post me on the media nude. She never made it comfortable at all so a lot of shit I kept to myself and it’s depressing to feel like you can’t trust someone who gave birth to you, and who says they love you but still treats you like a random person on the street when they don’t get their way.
I do
I don’t
GirlGuy
4
0