What do you do when you're homesick and lonely?

Anonymous
I live 4 hours drive from family and friends, just moved in September and have no friends here yet. My sister stayed with my for the last 6 weeks and today she went back home. We're really close and I miss her a lot. I spent one week at my parents with her in the last 6 weeks as well and got to see my dad, brother and mom. I'm really close to my dad too.

It's far to travel more than once a month and I could only get there on a Saturday and leave on the Sunday due to work. I do video call, text and play online games with my sister and family but I still feel miserable. She left today and I'm alone in my flat with no-one to talk to and nothing to do.

I've tried doing things I enjoy like watching tiktok or writing fan fiction but it's just not picking me up. I even tried watching a series I love to death but it couldn't help me. It's stuff I like doing and it's nice to do with other people, but I don't have friends here: my only colleague is my boss, an entrepreneur, and she's prickly. Her teen kids aren't really the company I want either at my age.

I see a funny meme or video or do something stupid and there's no-one to share with. It's hard being so isolated and suddenly being alone here after having my sister around is anxiety inducing. I feel teary and anxious and homesick. It's going to be impossible to sleep by myself as well.

What do you do when you get homesick? What makes you happy when you're feeling lonely and sad? How do you chase the blues away when you're cut off from everyone? I don't want to be like this all week when I have work that demands a lot of focus and energy.
0
1