How do you feel about the phrase "Declutter the House, Declutter the Mind"?

Anonymous
I'm a firm believer that the house is a physical representation of one's own mind. If your mind is cluttered & messy, so is your home. If your home is clean & organized, you're more mentally organized.
Having grown up with a parent that has Bipolar Disorder, I realized that when they were depressed, the house was cluttered and nothing about it was cared for. On the contrary when they were manic and appeared more organized, so was the house.

I went on vacation & left the house in the care of the two guys I live with (brother (22) & roommate (M55)) and returned to my house being a mess. After a few days of getting my bearings back I started cleaning, only for my roommate to ask if we were having company, and I told him I was just feeling claustrophobic and stuffed up. My brother responded with "Wow, what a difference" and I almost punched him in the face for it...
8hrs is what it took me to clean the mess in every room and reduce my growing anxiety & claustrophobia...
Does anyone else feel like this?
How do you feel about the phrase Declutter the House, Declutter the Mind?
3
1