I have issues with my parents.. What should I do?

Anonymous
Yesterday, I told my parents that I'm going camping with my friends this December. The way they reacted was expected but today after re-speaking to them about this, I was very shocked and disappointed. I understand parents' love and concern for their children. But overprotective parents are a problem for kid as abusive parents are. I'm not saying that overprotective parents are abusive, but they both have different, but negative effects on their children. Today, the way my parents talked to me made me feel like I was a drug addict, or a street thug. It was like they would disown me if I did not listen to them.

I feel like my parents don't trust me anymore. I turned 22 recently. I know maturity does not come with age but at 22, I at least know what's right and wrong for me, what's good and bad for me. It's not only about my parents not letting me go out with my friends, it's about them being supportive. My parents are financially supportive to me, but I get no emotional support from them. I feel suffocated like this, I don't feel confident anymore. I feel lonely. I doubt everything I do.

I wish to be understood by my parents, but not at the cost of losing them. I love them and I don't want to harbour any hard feelings for them. What should I do? Please help me.
I have issues with my parents.. What should I do?
Add Opinion