How do you handle the Grief of losing a loved one?

pervertedjester
I recently lost someone close to me due to Covid and now I find myself trying to understand how I grieve. The first stage wasn't denial (as far as I know) for me it was purpose. I needed something to do. Needed orders. I could've packed and moved 3 friend's houses with the amount of purpose I needed. Anger and Depression came in waves but thankfully I informed the right people about my grief and most people avoided/understood if I was having a bad day. Humor came next. If I get too sad or depressed my mind makes a bunch of morbid jokes until I laugh or think of my magic happy word. But mainly I used it to keep the family happier than they rightfully were. Acceptance is mixed in with Humor at some point.

The point being no really grieves the same and the 5 stages are more of broad strokes than a straight line. I will say that the one thing I wanted the most no one offered, Bullshit. The everyday B. S. that we tune out while we look at our phones. "What'd you do last night? Who's working tonight? How's the wife?" Could of used more of the normal everyday B. S. that goes around. Oh, They were quick to offer condolences but beyond empty platitudes, nothing that helped. And as long as I'm still processing my life minus one more person I thought I'd ask.

How do you handle Grief?
2
1