Is it possible to fix a racist father with internalized racism or there is no way (he is Hispanic)?

Anonymous
My parents both have internalized racism. As a Hispanic kid, my father made me hate myself as a Hispanic kid growing up. I used to escape my identity by playing American sports and listening to rock music. I used to hate my Mexican last name because of my parents. My father has the mentality of a white supremacist. He used to tell me the white race was superior even today.
I am now 23 and educated myself about why Latin America is like that. It was important to me to find out to see if I could fix it. Here is a conversation with my father:
“The United States back then in the 1900s made central Latin America economically dependent on the United States by drowning them into debt. They took advantage of developing nations.”
“I’m a nationalist. I don’t care if we had to step on other countries to get here.” -father
“They created the border crisis on their own. It is similar to me burning down my neighbors house and then instead of helping them, I build a wall. As they try to fix their house, I continue breaking it.”
“Wtf are you talking about?” -father
“The USA has a history of intervention in Latin America and even in 2019. The USA sent coups to Bolivia. They do this to prevent them from being able to compete for global resources.”
“Nobody builds countries like the white man. They will never be like the USA and will always be running away from what they built because they aren’t as smart.”
I educated myself on history. Specially, Latin America USA intervention. It made me realize that Latinos are not all at fault 100% for why our countries are like that. It made me be happier with myself and it changed me. I was trying to get him to understand. He didn’t.
0
1