Would you break up if your partner's mother tells you things about them?

Anonymous
My friend recently divorced her husband after he cheated twice. This time, he left her for the OW and he only gets to see their two children on the weekends.

Several years prior to that, my friend had a conversation with the guy's mother. The lady didn't seem excited about their relationship. She said it herself ''I think you deserve someone else''. She claimed her child has always been lazy, has gotten fired from a couple jobs for coming late often, tends to get bored so easily and seems unstable in the long-run. Then she said ''Not to bring bad news but it's likely not going to work out''.

She still proceeded with the relationship and marrying him. As the lady predicted, it didn't work out. He started cheating shortly after their 1st year of marriage and was having problems with bills. She married a cheater and unstable guy. She regrets not listening to the lady, whom warned her.

But honestly if your partner's mother was straight forward like that lady and told you the negative habits or traits of her child, would you break up?
4
3