How do I tell my parents I am going to Thanksgiving at my boyfriend's?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I are currently long distance, we both finished college, he is in grad school, and I am living at home for a year before I start grad school. He asked me if I wanted to spend Thanksgiving at his place, and even though I felt a bit conflicted about leaving my family for an important holiday, I said yes because I rarely get to see him. I have a close family, and it just feels extremely uncomfortable to tell them that I won't be spending Thanksgiving with them. I am sure they will not be too upset or try to control me, but it is just difficult to live at home but leave for an important holiday, especially when two of my siblings who I rarely see. My family is a little old fashioned and I think the expectation is that you stick with your own family until you are married. I think I am just harboring a lot of guilt over it, and any advice would be really great.
5
3