Is crying also a common reaction when a father finds out his child was abused?

Anonymous
I'm a former victim of abuse and molestation. My parents divorced when I was a toddler. I would stay with my mother from Mon-Friday and visit my father from Friday after school (of in the afternoon if there was school) to Sunday night.

The abuse and molestation happened when my mother was with my drunk and she dated several different men. I started developing aggressive behaviors towards other kids and committed violent acts, leading me to get detained for a couple years. So when my parents found out the results of an GYN exam and a psychiatric evaluation, I heard from others my father literally threw himself on the floor, crumbled into a ball, buried his face and broke down, he was like 'Noooooooooooooooo'' and just cried a lot more than my mother.

During my detainment when my father visited me, I noticed his eyes were once red and a bit swollen from crying. He tried to be strong and calm when speaking to me, said if there was anything, he would help me. Is that also a common reaction? He didn't punch a wall nor did the typical anger reaction... he shattered to piece and cried.
2
1