Am I a bad person for ditching my friend of 12 years because he told me he tortures small animals?

Anonymous
About a year ago he told me that his cat brought a mouse inside his house. What he did was take it and drown it in a bowl of water. Another time he said he took a mouse and chucked out out the door as hard as he could. Another time there were some rats chewing on some wires in his car. He told me that if he gets ahold of one he's going to smash it into the ground and let watch it suffer. I just started really thinking about that and realized he's probably a psychopath and just ghosted him. He texted me and asked if he did something wrong but I havnt replied. I feel like he doesn't deserve a reply. Am I being a bad person?
0
2