What gives friends you used to care about the right to hurt you for no reason?

okayk
Essentially I just cut off my old school bestfriend after going to college and realizing what an awful person she was to me. She & my old friend bullied me all through middleschool (called me stupid, anorexic, untalented, ugly, etc.). It became more passive aggressive as the years went by rather than just straight up mockery. Every friend I was with she would change and if they were mean to me, she'd go along with it. I know for a fact that I got way prettier & stylish in highschool and she would still continue to make fun of me. She never complimented me, she never felt bad when I was sexually assaulted, she never listened to my advice and ignored me for boys! And then defended herself for all of this crap. And then if I make one wrong move on a rare occassion and apologize for it, then it's the end of the world in her eyes. Oh and don't get me started on all of the times she told me about guys that would go out me just so she could get into a relationship with them. Also, If I did something better than her, she'd be upset. Why? Just why? What the hell did I ever do and what gives people the right to act this way? Is it insecurity? Or a superiority complex? I just don't know & I want to understand.
3
0