What should I do if I ruined a good friendship because I was worried about my friend's drinking but may have been a little too judgmental?

Anonymous
My best friend really likes to go out with her other friends and party, to the point where she's kind of obsessed with alcohol (as in, she just goes to hang out with people because there's drinking involved and for no other reason). She's gotten a DUI and has knocked her teeth out (about 5 years ago) because she fell when drunk. That being said, it's really not my place to interfere because she mostly is okay when she drinks and has a high tolerance (you almost can't tell she's drunk at all). One night, I told her that I feel like she drinks too much, and that I don't like her other friends, and she accused me of being judgmental. I haven't seen her in 6 months and she's growing closer to this other woman who's life (I'm pretty sure) also revolves around drinking based on what I see on social media.

Was I too judgmental and if so, what should I do to fix this friendship? I really miss her, but I'm torn about it because I feel like she chose drinking over me.
4
0