My mom is convinced that I'm secretly a lesbian because I don't like to share my personal life with her?

Anonymous
First of all, I fully support the LGBTQ+ community and I literally have friends who are gay and I do not care. That being said, my mom is weirdly obsessed with me being secretly lesbian and it makes me really uncomfortable. I date and am sexually attracted to men, but I don't like to talk about them unless it becomes serious because I don't think it's her business and I am 31 years old. I guess, because I don't talk about men, that automatically means I'm into women? I've had conversations with her and told her that I'm straight, and I said that it's incredibly frustrating to have someone pretend like they know you better than you know yourself, but she still pushes me into "admitting" that I'm a lesbian and it's really fucking weird. I feel like there's nothing I can do because she has it in her head and she'll always think I'm in the closet. This is the one issue in my relationship with my mom that makes me not want to be around her. Is there anything I can do? I've had numerous discussions with her about this but she will not let up.
4
0