I’m 20 and starting college soon my mom still expects me to pay 600 $ for rent and my own groceries. Is anyone else’s parent like this?

Heyddy
I’m 20 I work and pay my own rent and bills including car insurance and food. I’m very good at budgeting out my money. And I have no problem with it !!! However I start college soon and I saved up as much as I can to pay my tuition and even save up to pay my own car insurance (120$ per month) for the whole school year. All I need support from is my mom to provide a roof over my head and food on the table while attending school Nothing else. She disagreed and told me I still have to pay 600 for rent and my own food. Mind you my monthly expenses for necessities only !!! Is 1k this includes rent, food, insurance personal items ( tampons, toothpaste, vitamins etc) I cannot afford to live if I’m a FULLTIME student and partime worker. It would barely even pay my rent. I’m obviously going to live in my car in witch I am extremely grateful for, so I am not afraid. Also if your wondering about my moms financial situation….. she has a ton of money she makes good money and has a ton of it saved. She collects money and chases it but never lets go or give. I had to ask her if I could live rent free on the month of my birthday only as a birthday gift. Just one month :/ I just wanna know is anyone else’s parent like this. It’s a lot of emotional abuse.
8
4