The rejection burns but I'm alright... Should I continue to be friends with her?

So I was going to ask this girl out that I did my homework with today. However she blew me off. She asked me if I was willing to help her out yesterday and I agreed and she would text me around 3 to choose the time. So 3:20 rolls around and I decided to contact her about what was going on.

The conversation went like this:

Me: Hey there!

Her: Hi! I'm sorry I can't meet today!

Me. Eh, Really? What's going on?

Her: I was lazy all day an now I'm grocery shopping with my mom.

I give her credit for being honest. Kind of one of the reasons why I like her. But I still thought it was a garbage answer and this isn't the first time and she regularly showed up late in the past.

Me: :(

Me:I like ya (her name) and I wanna help you in school but I feel like I'm a second thought along with your school work.

Her: What do you mean?

Me: Well I feel like planning to do homework with you is just a waste of time since something else always comes up. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to be the one making sure you are up for it. Last week I had to text you just like now. Sorry I just feel like I'm being taken for granted.

Her: Sorry I didn't mean to make you feel that way I just have a lot going on right now

Me: well I don't really want to feel like a burden on you.

So that was going to be the end of the conversation however I wanted to let her know how I felt about her. Not so much for her but for myself. I wanted to do it in person but obviously circumstances dictated the moment and I did it through a text. I suppose it could of gone worse.

Me: I guess I'll be straight with ya. When I said I liked you its because I do. However I wanted to tell you that in person. I should of told ya yesterday but blah. But I'm pretty sure I didn't have much of a chance anyways. I wanted to get it off my chest though since I've been wanting to say it all week so I can move on and stop thinking about you. Well enjoy your Friday.

Her: Wait you like me how?

Me: I like spending time with u. I find you attractive. I think you have a friendly personality. It's OK if you don't feel the same way. I'm sure I've might of made you feel a bit awkward now.

Her: Well I never realized you felt that way and its really nice of you but I've been seeing someone for awhile and I really like having you in my life as a friend(I had a pretty good hunch I was friend zoned) I didn't mean to make you feel like a burden. I'm just kind of a mess with everything I have going on right now.

Me: I'm pretty good at guarding my feelings. Ah that's unfortunate for me(referring to the news of her boyfriend I did not know about) But its important that I know you are seeing someone else. I didn't know. I don't want to ruin our friendship but Ill be honest I didn't even really feel that. We afterall never hung out and only did school stuff.

Me: I don't want to be "that guy" though. I purposely kept my distance when you dated your ex.

Im not going to openly offer to help her with her school work anymore. If she wants it she can ask and not stand me up.

1
1