I'm Pro Plastic Surgery

To start off, no, I've never had plastic surgery, but that doesn't mean in the future I won't or that I think other people shouldn't if they want it. With the debate on plastic surgery, you usually have team, work with what life or God gave you, and team, if it's broken, fix it, and I of course, am on team, if it's broken, fix it.

When I consider what a vast majority of women in particular do to themselves already, my first thought is, how is plastic surgery any different? What, between fake hair extensions, fake nails, bras and underwear that add boobs and butts that aren't there, make-up, fake contacts, fake teeth implants, spanx that suck and tuck everything---most women have gone low key plastic surgery for years, and if you're going to get pissy about someone wanting a nose job, but give no flack about all the rest, I think it's a situation where the pot is calling the kettle black.

We're living in a world where there are some clear advantages given to the most attractive among us. You have only to read a few takes and questions about how someone's self-esteem is shot down and they hate themselves because of constant teasing about this or that. It's fine to be like, love yourself, oh and you should love yourself, but if you don't, and this is something that can help you, why not?

Now I for one, grew up like a lot of kids, with a mangled set of teeth. Sure, it's what life gave me, but in reality, I didn't want to go through life never smiling due to embarrassment, so I got braces. So did like 90% of my friends, even some now as adults. We know a good set of teeth, a bright smile, is an advantage, but we don't harp on people who do this type of work even though it is just as permanent as someone getting a new set of boobs, or pinning their ears back. You also have reconstructive plastic surgery---that's not necessary most time for a person to be able to keep on living, but no one is going to begrudge someone from reconstructing a breast or their face after cancer or injury--yet, that's not natural either.

Whether you get plastic surgery to lift your self esteem, or repair damage that's been done by illness or injury, or for whatever reason, that's someone's personal choice. You can't tell someone what's going to make them happy or will give them their self-esteem back. The only time I would ever be against this, is if we're talking a child, someone under 18, because the body is still growing and often times, people do grow into their shapes or body parts at an older age due to puberty, but other than that, live your life, get plastic surgery if it's what you want.

1730
BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in favor of anything that gives people more confidence and helps them love themselves. I was a mess when I had no self-esteem. I built my body and changed my life with weight training and good nutrition. My self-esteem is through the roof now, and it's changed my life completely for the better. I now have the courage to go for what I want and pursue the things (and girls) that excite me without apology. So no one should feel badly about wanting to change their appearance for the better.

• I wouldn't want anyone to wake up everyday hating or feeling horrible about themselves. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone, and if it's body building or a nose job or learning to accept every single thing about them that helps them, then so be it, but each person is different and what that "it" thing is that will help them is different, and I don't think we should put everyone in a box and say, this one thing works for everyone. Plastic surgery doesn't work for everyone and neither does self love or body building. Each person has to find their thing.

• I agree. That's my point, if it makes you feel better about you, then go for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you. I think plastic surgery is ok - what someone else decides to do with their body is none of my business, they don't live and breathe just to please me or anyone else, so why should I care?
    The only time I'm not really ok with plastic surgery is when that 0,2% of people getting plastic surgery take it to the extreme, where it's actually potentially harmful to their health. Most plastic surgeons tend to have a limit and usually stop these people when it's starting to get harmful, but there are a few who definitely don't care about their customer's well being and only do the job for money. That's absolutely despicable, especially considering that these people who take it to the extreme usually suffer from some mental health issues. And these surgeons are ok with taking advantage of that.
    Life is too short to worry about your insecurities or things you're not content with. If you have the money and the time to get them fixed, then kudos. The road to complete self-acceptance is long and hard, especially if your insecurities are deeply rooted. I totally understand wanting to "fix" whatever it is that you're unhappy with instead of learning how to just accept it. As long as it doesn't become an unhealthy obsession, I really don't see a problem with it and I don't see why these people should be judged for doing something for themselves.

• That's just it, completely. If you watch tv, it focuses on the horror stories and those crazies who take it too far, and YES, they do need mental help, but you don't ever see the stories of the person who was teased endlessly about big wide ears, getting surgery, and finally feeling good about themselves for once. Let them live! If they want it, if it will help, then why try and judge or stop them from doing it, unless, and I've said as much, they are underage because the body is still growing, but after 18, if they've got the money or you or anyone else, a little something if that's what they feel they need is okay in my book. People do much much worse when they feel bad about themselves, so this is the lesser of a lot of evils.

• Precisely. Not everyone out there is trying to look like a Barbie or a cat. Some people get work done, and you wouldn't even know, but for them the results are huge, and I'm all for what makes you happy as long as it's not the underage or mental issues thing.

• Preeeeaaach. Honestly someone else's happiness is none of my business, especially when it literally does not affect me in the slightest.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 29

• Consenting adults should be allowed to do what they wants to, but that doesn't mean we should encourage cosmetic surgeries. I gets it if someone gets it because of a medical condition, accident etc. But in cases where the person is healthy and has no condition I sees no reasons to encourage it.

The appearance pressure are already high and if everybody are supposed to undergo procedures because of the society's standard it creates a bigger pressure. It makes a pressure that everybody are supposed to undergo it, it gets normalized, people with poor economy can't undergo it and would experience peer pressure and talented surgeons are used on vain people instead of people with conditions making the health line longer. I thinks the society should be better on accepting the average and ordinariness too. Not everyone can look like celebrities anyway.

• I agree with this sentiment, except look at the average school. How much is being done to actively stop bullies from what they do to people who don't look like "everyone else." Nothing, and even if they tried, with the internet, people go online and tease people until some go so far as to commit suicide. There is constant talk of self-love, but for some that's not enough, and rather then someone offing themselves, if a surgery can help, I'd rather they do that and be able to go on with life.

• Do what you want, but it's important not to place your self-esteem on your looks... the results of plastic surgery or anything else.

• I agree. I have never understood why people have always been so against it. If someone wants to change their nose or their lips to feel more confident, who cares? It's their face, their life. If getting a new nose makes them happier than let them be happy 🙃

• Yes, it is such a personal decision for each person because it is something they are doing to their own body. I'm not saying everyone should go out and just get plastic surgery because it will "fix" everything for everybody---but if someone personally feels that's what they want or need, then have at it.

• when you let your insecurities win you could end up doing more harm. megan fox was hot af before plastic surgery now no one thinks she's hot.

• anti-plastic surgery. all doctor's wants money count.

http://i.imgur.com/gLG7C7K.jpg
    Unnatural.

• i am all for it who wouldn't want to look like this?
    www.plasticsurgeryhits.com/.../...re-and-After.jpg

if its minor procedure or reconstructive its fine but people can go too far

• I'm fine with plastic surgery but I feel like it should only be done a couple of times. If people don't have a limit on them, they might try to take things super far and get so many "changes" done to their body.

• I see. I share a different opinion.

• I'm Korean.. and my country is famous for plastic surgery...
    Yeah I saw many alumnis (girls) do make their eyes bigger, nose job.. etc
    I was surprised their face change.
    They really got cute and pretty by plastic surgery.
    I thought 'Is it not genetic deceive?'

Even actors and k-pop idols.
    Some people have proud of their plastic surgery results.

I think 50% of young girls do eye plastic surgery.
    Make bigger and double eyelid.
    Even more, some few girls want to seem like western girls.
    These girls do nose job more higher and more make narrow.
    As a matter of course, if they do more and more, looks strange.
    And now we have a word "성형괴물" means "plastic surgery monster"

I agree plastic surgery can help grow their self-esteem.
    But now.. so many girls do. Even not ugly girls do.
    Just other do, so follow.
    And some girls pursue for their plastic surgery's results, they do act like bitch on some boys.
    Example:Don't pay for date or meet several boys same time
    Also we have a word for these girls too..

Ahhh I don't know what I'm saying now.
    Anyway i agree with ur opinion. But it should not be indifferent using.
    Here Korea, Even Some girls think plastic surgery for status upgrading.
    I don't like these social think..😑

• Pro Plastic Surgery, more beautiful faces to look at.

Some people like to call whomever has gone through plastic surgery referring to their body as not real; well, if I can touch and feel it, it is real.

I never thought about getting plastic surgery and I don't plan onto but somewhere down the road I might change my mind, I find plastic surgeries really cool as long as people don't overdo it.

You might not like how you look exactly or you might like the way you look but feel like a few touches here and there will make you look even better because hey, there's always room for improvement.

• It is indeed a person's free choice to get plastic surgery - the same as it is then my choice to no more consider them a potential partner.

• I agree and i may even get hair surgery latter in life maybe my 30s.
    It definitly deserves careful consideration and research though as iv already been doing bit by bit so you know the risks is there high or low and your very sure you know what you want.

• Anybody want to hear the stupidest reason for plastic surgery ever?
    I'd actually like me penis to be surgically made smaller.
    Not because it is to big. Its actually slightly below average,
    but:
    I was convinced that it was way too small and indoctrinated myself.
    Now my issue is actually not thinking that it is too small but freaking out that it's actually almost average.

Don't worry, you don't even have to try to understand, pretty sure it's pointless.

• What do you prefer, a perfect plastic flower or a real one with minor flaws?

That said, this is my face only by having a healthy lifestyle:
    i11.servimg.com/u/f11/16/19/87/90/god10.jpg

• Everybody should always be content with what they were born with, regardless of the level of attractiveness.

• So if you were born with a parasitic twin attached to your body, that's cool because you were born with it regardless of the level of attractiveness? How about a cleft lip? A wonky eye? I can only surmise that you are fine with everything because you were probably not born with any of this or had to deal with it yourself.

• Anything can damage you. Driving in a car can damage you. Eating too much of one food, and on and on. There are risks with everything we do, and in the case of plastic surgery that person is making a choice for better or worse, but that's the decision they make for themselves. I do agree with you that there are people who will support said persons on how they look, but there are just as many who won't. It comes down to that person and what they go through---and no, you can't fully understand it unless you're going through it what it's like to be in that hell of people constantly berating you for how you look. That's why it's often so easy to say, well, just keep your chin up and keep going--beauty is on the inside. It's why I don't judge people for getting or wanting plastic surgery. I can't know how bad it is for them and what they go through on a daily basis. I don't know what it's like to have people for example, stare at me everywhere I go, or make comments/point everywhere I go...

• That is a lot for anyone to have to deal with, and just never feeling like you're okay. I knew a burn victim at my job and what she described was just a crushing weight on her, so bad that she did try and commit suicide. I never want anyone to feel like that and unfortunately there are people who don't care about your feelings or the person you are, they see you and they judge and bully. I know, I'm probably not going to change your mind, and I hope you're never met with a situation where you are in a car accident or something happens to you, but I for one, am a never say never type of person, because you never know in this life what may come your way.

• It's all just making excuses to let our insecurities run our lives and not face them to me.

• Artificial beauty.. Interesting

• I disagree. We should not be so materialistic with our bodies.

• Be honest now... if you were to get in a car accident, and your face was mangled, but you could still live like that, you'd just shrug and be like, cool, this is my life now, or you'd put in a request for the surgeon to try and put your face back together as best he or she could with plastic surgery.

• That was only half a post, my key board vanished, anyway, if I were in an aciden'd sue the other driver

• and use the money I got in compensation to turn women on, if I were gay, obviously I'd want to be good looking, but, for straight guys looks don't matter, women only care about how much money you have.

• I'm probably less incline to support plastic surgery, unless there is disfigurement or the patient was in an accident.

Other than that,, no,, seen too many celebrities with stretched face lifts and cosmetic surgery go bad.

• Fake ass is not ok

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 16

• I am pro plastic surgery too, since my classmate broke my nose in my early teens or earlier and since then I always dream about a day I'll fix it. It caused some breathing issues earlier and plus I always felt like this nose wasn't mine.

My genotype and phenotype should match each other, I shouldn't live with a nose I wasn't born with just because my classmate was an idiot and couldn't stop her elbow from hitting me.

• While I don't have anything against plastic surgery, it is the last thing I would ever resort to. It takes away your natural beauty...

• I don't support plastic surgery because it feeds people's insecurity. All surgery is dangerous, and to seek it out for purely cosmetic reasons is not only vain but a reflection of some deep rooted issue and possibly mental illness. Plastic surgery among other things i. e. makeup does not increase anyone's confidence, it simply makes them feel less ugly for the time being. It's like putting a band aid on a gaping hole. The only type of cosmetic surgery I can support is reconstructive. These people went through life changing and trauma inducing experiences. There lives were completely altered and reconstructive surgery can increase their quality of life. People should focus on being healthy and taking care of what they already have. Surgery doesn't increase anything, neither does makeup, or fake nails or fake hair. They all just ruin you.

• To quote what you said: "i. e. makeup does not increase anyone's confidence, it simply makes them feel less ugly for the time being." <----your own words only serve to underscore the reasons why people take the permanent route of surgery. You yourself are apparently admitting that people who wear make-up are ugly and use it to cover up their ugly faces, so why would this possibly encourage people to love themselves the way they are or to not seek out a permanent solution if they can afford one. A push up bra is just temporary, contouring, just temporary, glasses, just temporary, why not fix the eyes with surgery.

You can't make people feel confident because you love yourself. They must feel that for themselves, and if plastic surgery is what gets the teasing to stop, it makes them feel good about themselves, what is the actual problem?

• thinks and feels when dealing with text. People get hot headed and say, I know what you're saying and thinking, when they really don't because words and not the actions or feelings behind must be interpreted by the reader, and more times than not, they get misconstrued as something they are not. Anyway, you're disengaging so I wrote this, I supposed, to myself, so have a good rest of your weekend.

• Thank you and I respect what you're saying. You have a good rest of your weekend as well.

• I'm all for plastic surgery if that's what someone needs to feel better about themselves. But I do think it's wrong when younger people get it and their bodies haven't even finished developing yet you know? Like 16 year olds getting nose jobs or whatever llol

• life is so short, everyone should be able to do what they wanna do. no plastic surgery or plastic surgery as long as they are happy. =)

• I agree. If it helps you love yourself and be more happy and confident, I don't see the problem. You aren't hurting anyone!

• Honestly if you can afford it why not. Do what makes you happy! However I do see a problem when people use plastic surgery as a way to deal with their body dysmorphia or self esteem issues. Plastic surgery isn't a solution to those problems. Plastic surgery should only be used by people who are already happy with who they are and know that they are only using surgery to enhance their beauty or fix flaws, not to change them into a whole new person. Cause otherwise you get cases like Michael Jackson and Kylie Jenner

• I don't even pluck my eyebrows to give them a better shape let alone plastic surgery. My teeth are bad as well but that's just part of me and I'll never change them.

I do talk about bleaching my skin a lot. But that's because of my vitiligo not dark skin. I'm not even serious about it.

• I have nothing against certain corrective surgeries, like fixing noses or ears but I think surgeons should send someone to therapy if they do more than 3 useless surgeries.

• I agree when people are constantly requesting more and more, they are the ones that do in fact need some sort of counseling, but some person getting one nose job or one tummy tuck in their lives is hardly cause for us to call the psych ward.

• Exactly... Also beyond certain age a person might do more surgeries but has no issues otherwise.

• This is true that let's say that 50 year old woman might want a tummy tuck, chin lift, and boob lift because she is trying to fight off the signs of aging--she might get them all at once, but someone say in their 20's, who comes in 6x a year and requests more and more--they probably do have some issues that need help.

• Some minor *touch up* is ok but some people go overboard with it

• i am oppose to having excessive plastic surgery that they have nothing real left on their body

• NO WAY

• i agree with you

• i dont see how its different in its core, than hitlers dream.

• Are you seriously comparing this to Hitler. What does someone getting in a car accident and having their jaw and nose reconstructed have to do with Hitler, or someone getting a boob job have to do with murdering innocent people?

• After seeing the wrecks of Kardarshians you people still don't learn that it is not good... Sigh.