The Art of Being a Stylish Couple

We are quickly approaching the nearly 16th anniversary of the then super couple, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears twinning in what one can only guess was all the bolts of denim fabric they had in craft store. I mean, they say when couples have been together a while, they tend to start dressing alike, but if this extreme is you, probably not the best way to impress. There are much more stylish options for you and your significant other to look like the power couple you truly are.

The Art of Being a Stylish Couple

1. Rise to the Occasion

Power Couples don't show up to events or parties or daily life looking like two strangers in the night, but they don't also do the above where they are literally just wearing the same thing. If you're going to a formal event, you're both in formal gear, not one in a tux, and the other a super casual maxi dress in appropriate for the formality of the occasion. The goal here is that you compliment each other and elevate each others style. People know you are together and when you both look good, you leave a lasting impression. You're dressing to impress whether you're both casually styling something or you're at a formal. Also, if it is a special occasion like a birthday, and your partner is being honored--it's "their night," let them shine. Wear something more monotone or plain, and let your partner be the one seen in bright color, sparkle, the more attention grabbing suit and tie, or their flashier casual gear.

2. You can sort of match

If you walk in the room in the morning wearing the same exact thing, it's your choice whether one or both of you walk out the door twinning, but you can look like two peas in a pod by just sharing a similar color or fabric, rather then being an exact replica of one another. Create a bit of contrast with your fabric and color choices, but avoid exact matches.

3. Share your Style Aesthetic

It's not surprise sometimes that couples can have similar styles. It may have been part of what attracted you to your partner in the first place. When you share similar tastes in clothes, it's easier to be known and to standout for your unified or unique style.

4. Be Basic

The easiest way for the two of you to look put together is to go basic. Stick to similar fabrics, in just one or two colors that easily compliment each other or match using neutrals as your base. Don't over complicate the look with tons of accessories and pieces, but opt for a more minimalist couple style that works for just about any day of the week.

108
BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should of posted pics of Dwayne Wade and his wife. Those two are so stylish. They both are into fashion I believe.

• I try to avoid using celebrity pictures because it's easy to say, oh, they can do it because they have the money to that regular people don't. Style isn't about money. "Regular" people have style too. I do agree with you though on Wade and his wife. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I love seeing cute couples, so inspirational and usually they're insync with each other and have good teamwork

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 7

• Thank You

• I literally out zero thought into my "style" but thanks for sharing!

• 3/4 of the pictures you posted, the people look like fucking idiots. Maybe 'how to impress Welfare trash people' should have been the tittle

• As Children of Bodom once wisely said, I don't give a flying fuck.

• I guess I'm not that cool...

• wow nice informative take

• anoyingly atractive couples

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah, my boyfriend and I will never be that stylish couple. I think style and fashion is overrated and not often attractive. What normal people dresses like this?

Also, Britney and Timberlake...

• Very cute, but that Brittany & Justin... lol

• most of those are cool stuffs for guys n girls . basic, simple n easy to do .
    except for going overboard on denim with brit and justin .
    and the outfits in section 3 with the overcoats . theys a little bit much .

• i think matching outfits are cute. i want to try one day.

• I have no style lol

• Cowboy asf, Justin.

• Great one

• Good take!

• I really miss Brittany