Sweater Weather

Sweater Weather

Sweater weather is that lovely precursor time period right before winter where a jacket or coat is still a bit too heavy. It signals the beginnings of Fall or Winter depending on where you are. It's a time where you can still sort of kind of get away with some summer clothes, but can start dusting off those boots and winter colors for the upcoming season.

The thing you want to pay attention to with the fit of your sweaters is proportion. Like any other top you wear, you want to make sure that it fits you in the shoulder and that it is not so tight that you can make out the outline of your beating heart.

Sweaters tend to be bulkier and heavier than regular shirts and blouses and as such they add weight to your shape. You can tame this look like pairing a bulkier sweater with a skinny jean, tight, or pants/shorts/skirts which are more fitted and tailored to the body or look for sweaters mad in thinner materials that hug the body more as opposed to just hanging loosely all around it.

Sweater dresses, vests, or just plain sweaters, all look great when matched with other winter and fall staples like boots, ankle boots, and their summer counterparts of flats and strappy sandals if its not yet cold enough to hide your toes yet. Accessorize with scarfs, beanies, floppy hats, and chunky jewelry as smaller pieces may get lost in the bulk of a sweater.

Do not, I repeat, do not put your sweater in the dryer because sweaters will develop pilling which basically looks like a cat got to it. You can remove this of course with special tools or a razor, but it is a lot of work. Instead make sure you air dry your sweaters so that you avoid both pilling and shrinkage or stretching which can completely ruin the look of a good sweater.

106
BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a fan of sweaters or of any layered clothing that I can't open up in the front.
    But long cardigans like the one in the first pic look great.
    Being able to wear both hooded and hoodless cardigans is one of the reasons why colder months don't suck as much for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• We're in the middle of a two-three week estimated heat wave and it's been over 100 everywhere. And it had only just gotten to the point where you needed a little sweater at night.

Me? I'm happy for a little more summer.

My sweaters and light jackets all feel lonely.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 5

• Really like a few of the longer sweaters

• Don't usually wear them... nice model pics!

• Very nice sweaters.

• Big Fan! :)

• Sweaters are always nice

What Girls Said 9

• i liked the grey one on hijabi

• Nice Take

• My favorite time of year!!! I look forward to be able to wear chunky humorous sweaters

• Some of those are very pretty šŸ˜

• there's something exciting in the air it gets chilly and sweaters come out

• I love sweaters, Specially Tri-Mountain Arcylic Long Sleeve Cardigan Sweater

• I love these, the weather has turned quite cold over the last few days and Iā€™m breaking out my cosy collection.

• I love sweaters! Especially big cardigans I can layer over other stuff.

• The hijab one is funny, but sweaters are nice.