My Favorite Haute Couture Looks

Haute Couture: "the houses or designers that create exclusive and often trend-setting fashions for women" - Merriam Webster

Today, haute couture means clothing which isn't wearable for the average person in an average situation, maybe not even a special person in a special situation...since a lot of haute couture fashion is literally not easy to walk in, maybe impossible to sit it, maybe impossible to breathe in...

It's a fashion risk, but it's usually pretty amazing to look at - so maybe more perfect for display than actual wear and tear.

1. Beautiful, bold, feminine, takes its inspiration from the 50's...My Favorite Haute Couture Looks

One of the more wearable pieces... I love the feminine contours, the cut, the cascading of fabric, the gentle colors perfect for my skin tone (pale)...

2. This piece is an entire sculpture, the hair, the crown, the long sleeves, the transparency and the crazy heels make the outfit, the dress is the made as a part of the model's skin...it's the least important piece of the puzzle, yet it's the thing that connects the entire ensemble.

3. When it comes to bridal fashion, I usually find it very dull. These pieces, however, are anything but dull. They're dollish, they're fantastically dreamy - the details, the cape, the waves of fabric - how could you not want to wear these and be a part of their mystique?

4. Reminiscent of horseback riding women - blazer made of suede or velvet, high blouse collar and then an unexpected crazy gown hidden underneath - dreamy and inspiring in every sense of the word!

5. A coat/dress look with very mild coloring - pastel beige/off-white/pinkish - perfect for a formal event and definitely not too over the top for some special occasion.

6. Medieval inspired look was always my thing - this dress is one of my all time dream dresses - the color is full and dominant, but the velvet nuances it and softens it, while the gold embroidery brings up an element of battle and royal heritage! So much (hi)story in one dress!

Which are your favorite haute couture pieces?

Post your options down below!

76
LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 5

• lets see if you blocked me yet

nice

• Haha great take. Love it. 👍

• fashion designers always make stuff that looks like pure garbage

• Me i like 1 and 4 they tick all the boxes for me,, very nice,...

• amazing

What Girls Said 6

• Good Mytake. I LOVE haute couture & watching fashion shows in general. Personally I loved Fendi's FW 16 Haute Couture Collection... inspired by fairy tales...

And Later... I loved Chanel's ss16 haute couture show inspired by dolls...

• The first one is Chanel. The second is Fendi. Both are breathtaking,...

• The 1st and last were my favorite

• The girl with the crown reminded me of Enchantress from Suicide squad. I don't know why but I really like the capes.

• I like the first one! The light blue creates a romantic winter vibe. It's definitely formal wear without the threat of freezing to death when you wear it. The lipstick is also a nice touch.

• Good mytake, I love #6 the blue dress its Awesome the gold Embroidery looks perfect on it

• I'm pleasantly surprised with number 4, I think the collar completed the outfit. Also 5 was just gorgeous.