Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

If you're on a budget or you're not big into buying a lot of clothes, having a wardrobe that is versatile is essential. Buying one piece here or there that can only be worn as is or buying something that can only be worn on certain occasions definitely isn't going to work for you. So find pieces that can be easily worked into all aspects of your life. For these examples, these are some styling options for running errands around town or casually hanging out, for a date night, or for the office.

Black Short Shorts

1. Errands

Keep it loose and fun. Wear some comfortable chucks, a cute tank or tee, and easy accessories like your Paparazzi sunglasses and fedora.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

2. Date Night

If you love your legs, now is the time to show them off. Pair these versatile shorts with a more lady like/demure top or if you want to be a bit more daring, bare a bit more skin with a deeper v, bustier top, or backless top. go for eye catching sparkly accessories.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

3. Work

The key to pulling off short shorts in the office, is to make these shorts into a monochromatic look. You probably cannot do (read: should not do) a bare leg in your office, so an opaque tight will definitely tone down the more sexy or casual look of the shorts. Top the look with a long sleeve black blouse and structured jacket and delicate jewelry. Caution: if your office has a strict or formal dress code, sorry, but you probably should abide by it, and save the shorts for another time.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

Tulle Skirt

1. Errands

A tulle skirt is a fun flirty whimsical alternative to just your average skirt. Instead of go full ballerina mode, take on a casual look by pairing such a girly piece with a fun casual t, statement jewelry, and your favorite pair of kicks.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

2. Date Night

Take the glam factor with your tulle skirt up a notch by pairing it with a differently textured top. Lace, crochet, sequin...something that pops and adds contrast. Because the tulle tends to be so puffy, you do want to keep your tops close fitting to the body to help give yourself a nicer shape. Pair your outfit with your favorite pair of heels.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

3. Work

A tulle skirt in the workplace can potentially be viewed as too young looking or too childish if you go the full on ballerina mode with ballet straps, and wearing a leotard. Remember, you are in a professional setting. Instead, pull your work outfit together with a fitted and structured jacket, crisp blouse, and keep your skirt to the knee rather then go the maxi route which can be too much of a wedding or bridesmaid look for the office.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

Sheer White Long Sleeve Top

1. Errands

Have fun with your casual or daytime look. Bring in the good vibes with an eye catching pattern on some skinny jeans or a casual jean skirt. Because the shirt is plain, you can definitely up your creative juices by pairing it with fun and more eye catching accessories.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

2. Date Night

Wearing something sheer is always a good date night go-to. It's sexy, while still being a bit covered up. Instead of go the obvious route though, top your sheer top with an eye popping sequin jacket that will definitely have you standing out with just hints of the sheer top peeking out from underneath. Pair with skinny jeans, short shorts, or a cute mini and heels or flats and some more delicate accessories so as not to overpower your shiny top.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

3. Work

This is work, so wearing something that is totally revealing can be a total no-no. Don't be "that" girl in the office who's clueless to what it means to be a professional. Wear a nice camisole in matching color underneath your blouse or simply pair your top with a jacket and your best trousers or pencil skirts.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

Long Sleeve Denim Shirt

1. Errands

Bring on the weekend good vibes with a pair of khakis and comfortable loafers to go with your blue jean top. Great for a grocery run, brunch with your girls, walking the dog, or hanging out at the beach doing some people watching.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

2. Date Night

Like wearing white after labor day, most still believe that one should NEVER wear denim on denim, but you can definitely pull of this streamlined look of your nice denim top, with a pair of skinny jeans and pops of your favorite color in your accessories to stand out against your essentially monochromatic look. It's a great way to make casual look sexy or cute.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

3. Work

This is probably not going to be an everyday staple, but more a casual Friday outfit if you work in a very professional setting because jeans/denim still are seen as very casual, but you can definitely work it in to your everyday rotation if your job doesn't necessarily require you to be in suits all week long. Pair your blue jean top, the darker the better, with a lady like jacket, some trousers, and a pair of heels or flats.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

Long Red Maxi Skirt

1. Errands

There really is little else that is more comfortable and practical than a long maxi skirt. Crank up the good vibes here by pairing your skirt with your favorite comfy tee or otherwise comfortable tank, or long sleeve. Sandals, sneakers, heels, boots, whatever you want to wear in the shoe department works + you can't really see your feet anyway with this sidewalk sweeper.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

2. Date Night

Add a cute crop top with your long maxi to break up the fabric especially if you are on the taller side. This effect helps bring the eye up, while still making you look tall if you aren't already.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

3. Work

A nice tailored collared shirt will add a bit more of a professional look to this long maxi.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

White Sneakers

1. Errands

T-shirt + Jeans + Tennis Shoes = Casual perfection

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

2. Date

Bring a bright pop of color into your date wardrobe, with a beautiful bright chiffon flowy dress but cap it off with your most comfortable white tennis shoes. You can still be pretty and cute AND comfortable for your date especially if you plan on doing a lot of walking.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

3. Work

This is the ultimate mish mash of professional and casual. Pair your most lived in white tank with a tailored pant suit and crisp clean white tennis shoes. You may not be able to keep your kicks on in the office, but for heading out to lunch or running errands on the clock, these are a happy must that don't push you back into 80s retro tennis shoes with stockings.

Style These 6 Pieces Three Ways

64
BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't particularly like any of these. The tulle skirt might work as a petticoat, but I'm not a fan of diaphanous material as an outer layer. The rest of the items might be fine for utilitarian wear, but are not fashionable in my opinion.

• That's the thing about fashion... it truly is in the eye of the beholder. If you don't like it, someone else does. And what you like, someone else doesn't. As with all style, really and truly, the only person that has to like it, is the one wearing it.

• True. My tastes certainly don't align with those of big fashion designers, as I usually find their expensive outfits with their names all over it to be fairly unattractive. Those in the business might then disregard my opinions as too unique, but I think most guys would agree with me on the styles that I do find attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Great Take! :)
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...1-8906-0bd86b0f4e9e.jpg Looks really cute to me.

I brought a Tulle Skirt a few years back but never had the confidence to wear it out lol.

• Wear it! I just bought two this Christmas and wore one to a wedding on New Years and got so many compliments. So pretty and fun to wear.

• You're welcome, have fun with it!

• The only outfit I liked

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 3

• likies them all but the tulle.. can you say Madonna?

• nice

• why you gotta make fashion so complicated? Shirt, pants, shoes, go! :D

• Except girls have shirts, tanks, tube tops, halter tops, one shoulder tops, blouses, t-shirts, shorts, pants, carpis, maxi skirts, midi skirts, knee length skirts, mini skirts, leggings, short dresses, long dresses, heels, flats, sandals, tennis shoes, not to mention make-up and jewelry and hair options. To "just" pick something out is often a complex mathematical equation, and the reason we typically take way longer to get ready over that of a guy who has way fewer clothing, jewelry, and hair options, and no make-up typically.

What Girls Said 5

• Nice take

• I like them, but not really my style

• I'd wear all of those but girl clothes don't fit me right on my body so I have to shop at the men's section... fml.

• Have you ever thought of using a tailor? They can work a lot of magic.

• Thanks ! It does have helpful tips though I think I'll stick to men's clothes since they hide my body better but the tips will come in handy.

• You're welcome. Don't give up on all the girl clothes just yet---that site gives tons of suggestions of things that can work for each piece of clothing you wear at the bottom, but clearly if you feel more comfortable and happy in boys clothes, go for it :)

• I like to wear all black.

• Nice take!
    This one is my favourite.
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...9-a7fb-89875c9d98e6.jpg