5 Hair Removal Nightmares

5 Hair Removal Nightmares

You gotta love hair removal. It's the expensive and time consuming price of feeling like a Sphynx cat. I was thinking of my moments of failure earlier and had to share my frustration.

1. Forgetting to shave the other leg

5 Hair Removal Nightmares

Photo credit: https://www.epilatorhome.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-shaving/

Anyone else do this from time to time? It's always followed by the most disappointed sigh when you notice.

2. Razor burn

5 Hair Removal Nightmares

This one was a result of the first one for my thirteen year old self. It happened in the middle of summer when I had ten minutes to leave. Shaving out of the shower without any shaving cream led to some epic razor burn later that day. Next time, I'm either staying home or leaving with one yeti leg.

3. Hot shower + deodorant + shaving

5 Hair Removal Nightmares

This atrocity has been happening more lately and it drives me crazy. It takes a good week in the shower to get deodorant off, hot water will make it stick to you even more, and if your razor touches that mess rip.

4. Swelling and bruising after waxing

5 Hair Removal Nightmares

5 Hair Removal Nightmares

Are people aware swelling and bruising can occur after waxing? It can happen if you're an amateur like I was. Avoid waxing the same spot even if you're trying to get those stubborn three hairs. This is actually why I don't ever wax my armpits. The first time left them really sticky and they were red and purple for a week. God, my poor teen self really went through it.

5. DIY Brazilian Waxing

5 Hair Removal Nightmares

Maybe that gif is a bit dramatic but still. You can only see so much down there and it's a real pain. This was probably my least favorite experience. There was slight blood shed and a lot of frustration. I'd say either stick to shaving or leave it up to a professional.

Anyone have any bad experiences to share or have I been the only one failing at life?

58

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds rather painful. Can't comment much, only experience was when I had to wrap my foot with athletics tape due to blisters. It was always fun to have to rip it off along with all the hair on my foot, and was worse the few times I had to wrap my hands. I can't imagine doing that to my entire body would be anything but painful.

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 7

• I hesitated checking this one as I've been debating getting a bro-zilian... and the DIY last one reaffirmed I best go to a pro lol :)

• 6) Applying aftershave (alcohol) after Razer burn. It sets your face on fire

• Hair removal cream always smells like a dead cat that ate sulfur.

• I rarely shave but sadly it's cause I don't grow facial hair easily.

• As a very hairy man I know how all this hair removal and all feels and sucks !!
    Women have it lot easier than an overly hairy man.

• No one is prefect

• Than how to remove hair?

• Shaving. Waxing is still an option just if done right. Some people say laser hair removal works too.

What Girls Said 4

• OMG Brazilian waxes hurt but I keep going back every month 😳.

• you have not been the only one! when I was first having to shave in my pre teen years, there was once where stupid me rubbed my thumb across the blades of the razor. more than once. my thumb was all sliced up ouuuchhh

• ouch...

• having sensitive skin is a hard thing. I have red dots and my eyebrows swell a lot :(