Home Chats 1 mo

Ladies would you do a retro lunar manicures from the 1920/40s now known as half moon nails? A little nail polish history.

meetkitty123

Nail polish and nail art can be seen as far back as 3000 bc. Sometimes nail paint was used for battle or as a statement of class and rank. At some point in history it was more seen as an only for men style.
But eventually around the year of 1917 a company called cutex came up with an easy at home nail polish coming in the shades of red and pinks. It was a hit.
Movie star actresses flocked to it. By the 1920s wearing gloves was out and showing nails was in. Actresses began fashioning well pointy nails with a Lunar manicure. Today it's know as the half moon manicure.

What do you think of the style? Would you rock it even once for fun?

3
4

Most Helpful Girl

• GR00VY
    They're gorgeous! I always tried to learn how to do it, but it's a little hard. 😣⭐
    Is this still revelant?
    • My first my take but I'm not sure I like the outline
      Thinking of scratching it out redoing
      I didn't Rey they don't let you update

Most Helpful Guy

• larry69
    I think it might look great.
    Is this still revelant?
    • I did the my take but ain't liking it...
      Didn't realize they don't let you update

• larry69

Thank you for Most Helpful.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

32
  • MissDawn7961
    I do not wear nail polish now for it takes time to - apply it , dry it , is expensive to buy and it flakes off to soon after applying it - ! thanks
  • Flower7
    Those are pretty. I would try that style. I love two-toned designs.
  • CakesNCream
    I like the manicure on Bette Davis
    • Oh yes. She is fashioning the Luna Manicure.
      I think I need to retry my manicure... The lady I went to did not understand me... And i think it could have been done neater

• BlueEyedBirdWatcher
    I could paint that EZ
    • Lol
      I think I could do it to it home I think I'm going to order a kit and just quit going to the salon

• asshole_
    I'm a guy
    • Yes you are

• Can you imagine if that warrior battle paint continued its tradition until now
      Army men and women with black painted nails
      🤷