Ladies, how much makeup do you wear? Guys, how much do you like on a girl?

Girls, on average, how much make-up do you wear? Personally, I typically just wear concealer, foundation, and mascara every day. Sometimes I wear more though if I'm going out or something.

For guys, how much make-up do you like on a girl?

In the poll, I'm referring to how much you would wear on an average basis.
  • I prefer natural, no makeup
  • I prefer subtle makeup
  • I prefer noticeable makeup but not a lot
    Vote C
  • I prefer a full face of makeup
    Vote D
  • See results
    Vote E

2517

Most Helpful Guy

• I kinda view make up as lying and those who wear it as insecure sheeple. I know this isn't a popular point of view but I don't care.

• Ahhh I actually didn't mean to select this as MH. You got lucky :P Lol but thanks for your response:)

• I honestly think makeup is one of the best invintions ever. I had really bad acne ( not that just get some proactive acne but like I was on an acne prescription that caused me to have slight depression), and I was so ashamed I couldn't even leave my house because myself confidence got so low. But makeup let me leave my house. Now I'm gradually recovering from my acne. I've informed every boyfriend and girlfriend I've had that I have really bad acne.
      Honestly makeup allows you to see what person looks like without all of life's stupid mile stones.

• If you wear it to cover a scar or acne or something then meh not such a big deal.

The problem is that the way make up is worn is to artificially replicate the biological signals your body sends to suggest that you are virile and interested sexually in someone (big bright eyes, smooth skin, swollen lips etc..) This is all normally subconscious body language communication that our brains evolved over millions of years to read and wearing make up seriously screws with this process.

It is akin to deliberately sexually flirting with every guy you meet in every social situation imaginable but never (or almost never) actually meaning it and following through.