Tall Girls in Heels - Sexy or Turn Off?

I'm 5'8, so I'm not extremely tall, but above average. I'll be attending homecoming in less than a month and I decided to go really out of the box this time - one of the things I'm considering to do that would be wearing heels. My heels are black pumps, around 3-4 inches, and really the only shoes that would go with my dress, but I'm worried that I'll look too tall and it will be unattractive because the people in my class seem to be on the shorter side.
So what do you think - are tall girls in heels sexy or is it a turn off?
  • Sexy
  • Turn Off
This is my dress: www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/guest-who-dress
Still, I haven't decided on what shoes to wear. The only ones that look cohesive are sheer black tights with plain black heels.

1534

Most Helpful Girl

• Only short-ass guys don't like when their girl wears heels, because these guys are insecure.

My boyfriend is generally taller than me. When I weak heels, I'm either the same height or slightly taller than him. He doesn't give a shit and thinks I look hella sexy.

High heels make any girl look sexy, because the shape of the shoe forces the person to walk straight and it looks elegant.

• Not true, some guys don't like heels because they think heels look too slutty. I personally don't like heels, because they are very uncomfortable, and unhealthy for feet and spine.

• @MaskedSanity Clothing Reflects Personality and Character... well known saying (the phrase is much older than both of us) ;))

• @TwinGemini

Don't judge a book by its cover is far older.

What Guys Said 34

• Don't complain about guys height, wearing heals. Simple as that.
    Otherwise wear it only for yourself, not others, if you feel good looking people will sense your confidence and like you none the less.

• If you already have long legs, what is the purpose for wearing heels? Heels exist to make your legs look longer.

You will be just harder to approach for guys who were originally your own length.

But hey if it makes you happy go for it.

• I never really got the fascination with girls wearing heels, but obviously some men do find it attractive. I'm only like 5'6, so the shorter the better for me.

• turn off
    i hate high-heels it makes women look cheap.

• Any girl who puts on heels looks better in my opinion as long as she wears them with the right outfit and knows how to walk in them.

• Heels don't do anything for me so I won't say for or against. I'm 6'2" and as long as the girl's shorter than me I'm fine (Taller than is not a deal breaker though). So you'd be fine to me.

• It majorly depends on guys height if you are more then 1-2 inches high then his height, then he may find you a bit less attaractive.

• I’m the same height as you, you’re the perfect height for a girl! And I love it when girls wear heels!

• wouldn't bother me, although at 6'4" I'd still be taller even if you had your 4" heels on ;)

• I'm about 6'5" in shoes, so most girls are still a good bit shorter than me even in heels. Not really an issue for me.

• You don't want to be the tallest person there. lol that would be weird, but tall women (not taller) are hot.

• 5'8 is not extremely tall, so i think you will look awesome in heels) It certainly looks hot.

• She will stick out A-LOT but heels make every girl sexy. so.. guess my answer lol

• I like small women but heels look great when worn right

• I think it looks very nice when girls wear heels, regardless of there height.

• pull it of. you will stick out like the statue of Liberty.

• Height doesn't matter to me! But some guys prefer tall & some prefer short!

• Depends on the girl and the heel. Some girls look down right sexy in some heels

• heels look better in taller women of course

• I find it sexy, the taller the better I say.

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 14

• I'm sorry if you're not comfortable with this, you totally don't have to, do you think you can take a picture without heels and with heels from a far distance. I mean heels are so pretty!! But if you're already really tall, it might make you look like a giant. I suggest heels, but try not to make the heel to high. Trust me, totally wear heels! Just try a lower heel instead. Have fun to the homecoming! :D (And if you have a FABULOUS time and its over and you come home, its totally normal to cry, Like I ball my eyes out if I have a great time somewhere and the great time ends T^T)

• Haha thank you so much! I'll definitely try that (: and I'm a crier too, so I probably will. At least it means I had fun!

• I'm 5'8 to wich is average in my country for women, definetly not tall. The Netherlands is the country with the tallest people in the world (average) So I'm very happy that all Dutch guys are usually MUCH taller than I am. We actually even have social activist groups advocating on behalf of tall people hahahaha.

• I love wearing and seeing girls in heals. Your height shouldn't matter. WEAR THE DAMNED HEALS!! :) just because you're talk doesn't mean you can't show off your legs/booty/figure. Don't limit yourself, do what you want and don't care if they think you're too talk, maybe they are too small minded.

• My guy loves it when I wear heels for him. He loves it when I dress up when we go out to some place fancy, I kinda like it too he makes me feel like he's showing me off yet he's making it known that I'm his alone! Might be considered possessive but I don't mind that a bit. I'm 5'6" and he's 6'1" so the extra 3" boost from high heels is sorta nice when he steals a kiss!

My favorite dress to wear heels with (his too) is a velvety little black dress, depending on the jewelry I wear anything from black heels to black with reddish accents. Seems to do a number on him!

• I think tall girls look great! Wear them and try not to think about it too much and just enjoy your night/day.

• Heels are good. I like wearing them on appropriate occasions. Not all the time. They aren't not always easy to wear. LOL

• I don't like using heels my self, I prefer comfort over look. If you feel good wearing'em you should go with'em, but if not, try something else.

• Yes, totally sexy! I'm tall myself and love heels. You'll look great, girl.

• I'm 5'9" and feel great in heels. Go for it and don't give a shit about others, eh? ;)

• I'm 5'9 and I think we all look better in heels :)

• Tall girls really don't look cute in heels depending on the height.

• I'm tall (6.3) but I don't like heels, they are quite unstable and very uncomfortable... btw, they are also unhealthy for your feet and spine.

• Heels are great. I had a friend who was almost 6'0 she wore heels and she looked great.