Why do women wear makeup? Is it because you're insecure? Or you feel like you're obligated to do so? Or maybe you're expressing yourself?

From the vast amount of female friends I have and women in public. I've started to notice that some women wear a heavy amount of makeup, some others wear light amount, and there is those who don't wear makeup. From my point of view it seems like an addiction to some Hobby for others and a requirement or feel of requirement for some. and lastly it's effects on your skin. Does it feel like a mask you can't breath? Damage to the skin? Or protection.

420

Most Helpful Girl

• Make-up has never felt like a mask or like I'm hiding my "true self" as all! In fact I avoided wearing make-up until I reached 20, because I thought that it was an unnecessary disgusting mask that all the gossiping mean girls at school wore to make them feel better about themselves. But when I finally decided to try it, I found out that that's not the case and it's ok and good to wear it!

Anyway, I enjoy wearing make-up because I find it fun to wear - it's like trying on a new dress, reading a new book or playing a new game for me. And it enhances my natural beauty, so I feel gorgeous when I go out. But that doesn't mean I need it to function, I never wear make-up when I'm at home and there are plenty of times where I go out without any on. I personally think wearing only a light amount is best, heavier looking make-up tends to look cheap and tarty in my opinion, especially when it isn't put on properly. Also I've noticed that I get way way wayyy more attention from guys when I do wear make-up. Personally I think most guys think that most women they find attractive don't wear make-up, when in fact they do - they just put the right amount on to make them look even more attractive.

As for damage to the skin - some foundation actually does act as a sun-cream too! But as long as you was it off at night before going to bed, your skin should be fine.