This hairstyle---Like it or not?

I've been contemplating doing this hairstyle but I'm really not sure about it so I figured I'd get you all's opinions.

un-ruly.com/.../021312_fauxhawk.jpeg

4.bp.blogspot.com/.../IMG_5902.JPG

My hair texture is very similar to both of the women's above.

I'm not sure about the hairstyle because I don't know if it looks too... fierce or not. I'm not a fierce person. I'm really not into very edgy-looking hairstyles. So what do you think? Yay or nay?
  • I like it---but yes, it looks edgy/fierce
  • I like it---I don't think it looks edgy/fierce
  • I don't like it
    Vote C
Just so everyone knows, I am not talking about the color. I'm talking about the hairstyle only. I have black hair so just picture the first lady as having the same hair color as the second lady.
Also just so everyone knows, I wouldn't have to cut my hair at all to attain the style. I have long bra strap length hair but it shrinks a lot when it's curly (thus looking way shorter than it actually is). The shrinkage itself would make this hairstyle feasible. The only thing the hairstyle requires is bobby pins.

4534

Most Helpful Guy

• I like it - but really you should base your hairstyle on;

a) what your face looks like. Some peoples faces look better framed by hair - others have better results when hair is put away from face so their prominent cheekbones etc can be highlighted.

and

b) what image you want to portray!

and finally and most importantly

c) If YOU like it! If you feel you look good you will be more confident and consequently you will look better.

• That's true, I do think the hairstyle may be better suited to a person with higher cheekbones and more prominent features than me. My features are pretty soft. I'll likely still try the hairstyle one day but it's not on my priority list.