I know guys aren't huge fans of one-pieces, and I'm not fat by any means.. but I do have a little pooch on my stomach and don't really feel comfortable strutting my stuff in a tiny bikini... so do you think this style is okay? It's not too grandma-ish is it? I still wanna look cute and sexy.
Most Helpful Guy
You gotta keep in mind a few things:
- That bathing suit is nice because of the person who is wearing it
- The reason why models are skinny is because they are easier to photograph. When you are skinny and defined, your lines are sharper so they form more drastic shadows. This makes the photographer have to worry less about how the light catches the model's skin and put more mental energy towards the composition of the picture.
- Skinny is not beautiful. Being in good shape is what's beautiful and you can be in shape without being skinny.
- When the clothes come off, it doesn't matter if you're slim or if you're curvy. Suddenly the fat is going to sit the way it's supposed to and your true beauty will be revealed. Lots of skinny people look better in clothes because they're actually out of shape and look lanky and clumsy and the clothes hide this. Lots of curvy women (or buff guys) have a hard time finding clothes that flatter them because it covers how well their fat is distributed or how smooth their skin is, so they just look out of shape when they are clothed.
- For these reasons, you shouldn't be self-conscious about any fat on your stomach
Just get something that you feel suits your style and who you are.
All that being said, I mean I'm more attracted to the woman than the bathing suit and I sorta tend to see past clothes, so I'm pretty indifferent.1